Progress After One Year
One year ago this month my wife and I decided to make a change in our life and move to a much healthier lifestyle. Paleo became the plan and we decided to stick to it full hearted. It has been a wonderful experience and there is no way we are going back to the way things were. One of the biggest things I’ve noticed since taking on this journey is that fitness has finally become a way of life for me instead of being something I forced myself to do every day. It such an exhilarating experience to not have to battle myself mentally to get into the gym and suck it up through the workouts. Here are some major outcomes I have made in the past year.
- 215 lbs dropped to 175 lbs (165 at my lowest weight)
- Bench Press increased from 30 lbdumbbells to 65 lb dumbbells
- Deadlift increased from 95 lbs to 215 lbs
- Started squatting (in the past I physically could not handle a squat due to flexibility issues)
- Pull-Ups went from being able to do 0 to a one rep max of 10
- Push Ups went from being able to do 15 to about 55
- Body Fat % went from 22% to around 12% depending on the tool used
- Started swimming (before I couldn’t handle 25 meters and now I am lap swimming)
It is so refreshing to be able to see progress on a daily basis. There is no greater feeling than writing down and knocking off goals. I’ll outline my future goals in later blog posts.
How is your progress after 3 months into 2013?
- 25 push-ups x 3 reps
- 5 pull-ups x 3 reps
- 5 negative pull-ups x 3 reps
- Bench Press 55lb dumbbells 10 reps x 3 sets
- Shoulder Press 30 lb dumbbells 10 reps x 3 sets
- Standing Dumbbell Flies 15 lbs 10 reps x 3 sets
- Seated Row 115 lbs 10 reps x 3 sets
- 30 minute interval bike ride
What is your favorite workout?